Olalekan Johnson Ojo
Senior Advocate of Nigeria (LL.B. HONS. LL.M. B.L)
Early Life Education
Olalekan Ojo hails from Imesi-Ile, located in Osun State. He had both his primary School and post- primary Education in Osun State. He obtained his Teachers Grade II Certificate at the Divisional Teachers College, Ijebu-Ijesha, Osun State in 1983 and worked for a session at the Baptist Primary School Ilesa, Osun State between 1983 – 1984 before he proceeded to Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Osun State where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Law in 1988 and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1989.
Mr. Olalekan Ojo served at the Ministry of Justice, Akure, Ondo State during the mandatory one year National Youth Service, before heading back to Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife for his Master’s Degree in 1990. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Law from the same Obafemi University in 1991.
Mr. Olalekan Ojo is married to Barrister Olayinka Ojo and they are blessed with 6 Children.
Mr. Olalekan Ojo was called to the Nigerian Bar in December, 1989. He had his first solo Court appearance as Prosecuting Counsel in a Criminal case at the High Court of Justice, Akure in 1989. He lost it because of insufficient evidence against the Accused person. He was then a member of the National Youth Service Corps.
He worked at the Jejeola Jones & Co., Akure, Ondo State between Jan-August, 1992 before joining the law firm of Chief Afe Babalola SAN & Co., Ibadan, Oyo State in September1992 where he distinguished himself and attracted glowing recommendations from Chief Afe Babalola SAN and Clients alike due to his diligence and dexterity.
He left the firm of Chief Afe Babalola SAN in 2002 to establish the law firm of Olalekan Ojo & Co.
Mr. Olalekan Ojo has successfully represented a board range of clients in both criminal and civil matters in Nigeria. Some of the landmark cases he has handled are as follows:-
- The well celebrated case of Hamza Al-Mustapha reported in (2013) 17 NWLR pt. 1383 page 281, which he won at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Judicial Division
- Alhaji Maideribe V.. F.R.N – SC/176/2013, reported (2013)12 S.C. (Pt. 1) page 59.
- Chukwuemeka Ezeugo (a.k.a) Dr. Rev. King V. State reported (2013) 9 NWLR Pt. 1360 page 508;
- Prince Kilani Adekeye v. Prince Summonu Adesina, reported in (2010) 18 NWLR Pt. 1225 @ Page 450;
- All Progressive Congress (APC) V. People Democratic Party (PDP) reported in (2015) 15 NWLR Pt. 1481 page 1;
- Mr. Olawale Sonibare V. Mr. C.S. Soleye reported (2009) 4-5 SC Pt. 1 page 1;
- Bello Ogundele & Anor V. Shittu Agriri & Anor. Reported (2009) 12 SC Pt. 1 Page 135 etc.
Mr. Olalekan Ojo is an active member of both the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and the International Bar Association (IBA).